Be a Supporter
Big Brothers Big Sisters’ one-to-one youth mentoring has a real and positive impact on children and their futures. Our program metrics allow us to track and report measurable successes that children achieve with the guidance of their mentors.
Independent research proves that children with a Big Brother or
Big Sister are changed for the better:
- 84% of former Littles surveyed agree that their Big taught them the importance of helping others.
- 81% of former Littles surveyed agree their Big gave them hope & changed their perspective of what they thought possible.
- 85% of former Littles surveyed agree their experience influenced them in overcoming adversity or problems with courage.
- 67% of former Littles surveyed agree that their Big played a role in their decision to attend college.
- 83% of former Littles surveyed agree that their Big instilled values and principles that have guided them through life.
AND THE IMPACT GROWS
When children feel good about themselves the ripple effect is amazing; they have a positive influence on their friends, their families, their schools and their communities. So, while partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters is good for your company, your employees and the children they mentor, the benefits will also reach much further.
- 83% maintained/improved attendance
- 88% maintained/improved school grades
- 100% refrained from becoming a teen parent
- 98% reduced risky behaviors
- 89% have higher aspirations
- 100% refrained from dropping out of school
- 99% refrained from criminal activity
YOU’LL MAKE BETTER GRADES
The impact you can have on school performance is impressive too.
Teachers report the following of kids…
- 58% improve their academic performance
- 65% show higher levels of self-confidence
- 55% have better attitudes toward school
- 52% are less likely to skip school
Big Brothers Big Sisters’ signature approach to mentoring produces a
powerful force for influencing children’s behavior. It’s a broad-based
BECAUSE OF YOU
Brianna has overcome bullying.
Drelen has raised his grades from C’s and D’s to the Honor Roll
Keiara is no longer thinking about hurting herself
Javier went from failing reading to receiving “Most Improved” award and passing 1st grade