COULD YOUR LITTLE ONE USE A BIG?
It all starts with the right role models. And Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida is the place to start a relationship with one. For over 35 years, due in large part to private donations, we’ve been able to recruit, screen, match and support mentoring relationships that have changed the lives of thousands of young people throughout Central Florida — one Little at a time.
YOU’LL FEEL THE IMPACT AS MUCH AS YOUR CHILD.
A study for Big Brothers Big Sisters found that kids matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister:
- are more confident
- are more likely to steer clear of drugs and alcohol
- do better in school
- get along better with their family and friends
- feel better about themselves
Here is the basic criteria to enroll your child in our program:
1. Your family must live in Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Brevard, or Lake county
2. Your child must be between the ages of 6 and 16 to be eligible for enrollment
3. Must be able to make a 12-month commitment, from date of match (please let us know if you plan on moving)
4. The child must understand what a mentoring relationship is and can form a relationship with a mentor
5. The child must have a parent/guardian who is supportive of the program and can respond to services
Are you a professional, trying to refer a child to the program? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the Youth Inquiry Form for Referring Professionals.