Bigs start something beautiful.
- Doing good is a beautiful thing. As a Big Sister, you can give a girl an opportunity to see beyond her everyday world and dream big. It’s good for your Little, as well as your community. And it can start with simply letting her enjoy the things you already love to do, but can grow into something bigger.For just a few hours, a couple times a month, you can give a Little the invaluable gift of your friendship. By simply changing their perspective of what the world can offer, you can literally start changing their lives. Play a board game. Make fun crafts. Hit the playground together. Just as your options are unlimited, so is your Little’s potential.
Our Volunteer Big Sisters must…
- Be able to make a 12-month commitment, from date of match
- Be willing to meet with Little Sister for at least 4 hours per month, with at two outings per month
- Be willing to complete an in-depth interview and background check
- Have no more than 3 traffic citations in the past 5 years (Community-Based only)
- Currently have car insurance showing proof of Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverage (Community-Based only)
If you would like to begin the process of becoming a mentor, please complete an Online Inquiry Form. A staff member will be in contact with you shortly.
Know someone who’d be a great Big Brother?
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for more men to be mentors. Fact is, we have boys ready and waiting to be matched with a role model. So tell the guys you know to sign up to become Bigs. They can do all the fun things they love to do already, like play video games, go fishing, even play football—only now they’d get to enjoy it with a child who can truly benefit from it. Read more about being a Big Brother.