IT’S NOT JUST A DONATION. IT’S AN INVESTMENT IN A CHILD’S FUTURE.
When you donate online to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida, you join our cause and directly support the children in your community. No matter the amount, your contribution can start something BIG in the lives of Central Florida’s youth. Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services right here in Central Florida—so we can develop more college grads, community leaders and entrepreneurs.
Roughly 85% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches between Littles and Bigs. This means you can rest assured that we are using donations wisely.
YOUR SUPPORT GOES FAR.
Your financial support helps our Littles achieve BIG things through mentorship, like:
- 100% refrained from becoming a teen parent
- 100% refrained from dropping out of school
- 99% refrained from criminal activity
- 98% reduced risky behaviors
- 88% maintained/improved school grades
- 83% maintained/improved attendance
Become a part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida mission and watch your contribution come to life through our children and their positive outcomes.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida has many ongoing needs for in-kind donations. Please see the list below for items that our organization can always put to good use.
- Bottled water
- Purple plastic table cloths – rectangle
- S.A.T. prep books
- Restaurant gift cards
- Gift cards to “big box stores”
- Reading, math and science activity books/flash cards – for all age groups
- Card games
- Board games and puzzles
- Sports items: basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, etc…
- Arts & crafts: construction paper, glue sticks, scissors, etc…
- Storage bins and boxes
- School supplies
For more information about donating or holding a fundraiser, please contact Glen Marie Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.478.2996 ext. 114.
1 Tierney, J.P., Grossman, J.B., and Resch, N.L. (1995) Making a Difference: An Impact Study of Big Brothers Big Sisters. Philadelphia: Public/Private Ventures